Angela Maughan Ceremonies
Celebrating the birth of a child, the marriage of two people in love or the life of a loved one who has passed on, are momentous, memorable occasions.
Updated: 19:13 Thursday 22 April 2021.
This listing is managed by: email@example.com and is a paid for listing - thank you for your support Angela Maughan.
Owner/Manager: Angela Maughan
Opening Times: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5PM
Evening, weekends and home visits by prior arrangement
Angela is the co-founder of the Open Sanctuary community and continues to mentor students and facilitate online group sessions. She is an Ordained Independent Celebrant who not only offers ceremonies, but also offers support with spiritual guidance and helps to support individuals experiencing grief and loss. Her background in nursing has given Angela a wealth of experience with end of life events, which enables her to work with the bereaved with genuine empathy and respect. Having lost both parents and other close family members she works with bereaved families with understanding.
- Experienced at officiating funerals and working with funeral directors in Dundee, Perthshire and surrounding areas.
- Registered with the General Register of Scotland to perform legal marriages which reflect the couple’s values and beliefs.
- Registered as preferred supplier with many prestigious wedding venues in Dundee, Perthshire and surrounding areas.
- A member of Scottish Independent Celebrants' Association.
- Adheres to The Celebrant Accord.
- Can travel across Scotland if required.
- Will create a marriage ceremony that is personal, meaningful and which reflects you both as individuals and as a couple.
- Disclosure checked, fully trained, insured, licensed and continues to learn and develop.
- Trained in symbolic gestures for weddings such as handfasting, candle ceremonies, sand ceremonies and many more.
- Offers bespoke baby naming ceremonies.
As a former registered nurse, she continues to work as a therapist supporting individuals to be the very best that they can be. A people person, she is sincerely interested in the lives and backgrounds of the people she works with. Angela began her training as an ordained celebrant in 2012 as part of her personal growth, and to look at spirituality as a way of healing. Her celebrancy wasn’t about the ceremonies but friends asked her to help with a funeral and then a wedding and she has never looked back. Angela loves working alongside families and couples, helping them to visualise their perfect ceremony reflecting their own beliefs and values, often intertwined with humour where and when appropriate. Each ceremony is unique and reflects the personalities of the people involved.
Being a romantic Angela loves working with couples reflecting their love and respect for each other, showcasing their uniqueness and personalities.
Angela loves all aspects of her role and feels it is an honour to be able to officiate at ceremonies. She is based in Perthshire near Dundee and is happy to travel to most locations in Scotland.