Climate Conversation - Food Initiatives
Date: Wednesday 14 April
Here is the recording from the Climate Conversation held on 22 February 2021. The sections are:
- 0-9 mins intro & Keesje giving an overview of the relationship between the food we eat and not only the climate and nature emergencies but also wellbeing. Keesje works for Nourish Scotland which is campaigning for a "Good Food Scotland"
- 9-33 Pro Com and the many great initiatives in the town - reducing food waste by distributing fare share, subsidised store, Saturday Lunch Club and meal options using surpluss food
- 33-41 Apples Galore - redistributing surplus apples around the area and apple pressing as well as creating mini apple orchards around Blair & Rattray
- 41-47 An overview of NeighbourFood, the Green Way zero waste refill shop, uniform swap scheme and shoe repair.
- 47 mins onwards Q&A (47-54 mostly questions related to Pro Com; 54- 1.17 mostly related to Keesje and Nourish)